Thursday, April 9, 2009

There's no place like Rome!






Rome has quickly become one of my favorite
places! With Gellato and Pizza on every corner who wouldn't love this place. We are staying in a small town just north of Rome called Ladispoli (they have a Black Sand beach which is so beautiful) We are staying with a member here, Her name is Cecilijae or in english Cecylia. She is so great, all 90 pounds of her, and she mothers us like you wouldn't belive! We just love her and the fact that she speaks english is even better! We have been so busy here trying to see everything. The first day we saw the Vaticane, Sistine Chapel and Trevie Fountain(we both tossed in coins for good luck!) Yesterday we did the Colossium and St. Piedros where Michaelangelo's Moses statue is. I'm pretty sure that I'm walking off all the Gellato I've been eatingbecause we walk everywhere! I just love the history here and the italian language is so beautiful. I'm sad that we are leaving though because there is still so much I would love to see. Cecilijae said we can come back anytime we want but next time we have to bring our husbands...haha so typical! We leave tonight for Greece and I'm so excited to go to the beach! OH before I forget...here's something everyone should know before coming to Italy. The first day we got here we set out looking for pizza. It was 6pm on a monday night and we couldn't find a pizza place that was open. NO PIZZA IN ROME..WHAT!? We finally found a place that was open and due to our lack of knowing italian and Maria(the cashiers) lack of knowing english, our order of 1 slice of pepperoni and 1 slice of cheese came out as follows: 1 medium cheese pizza and 1 medium pizza with peppers. When we got home we asked Cecilijae and she just laughed at us! Pepperoni in italian is Peppers...Salomie is pepperoni. Haha those people probably thought we were nuts for ordering pepper pizza! Haha but know we know! Hope everything is going well for you guys!

Much Love!!!

P.S. Mom, if you want to see more pictures check out Michelle's blog at mscottie.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. BEV! Looks like you're having an AMAZING time! It's so pretty! You're never gonna want to leave! haha well keep eating LOTS of gellato, and take lots of pics..I should've told you to take one with the little mermaid statue for me, but I'm sure you did! Stay safe, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Finally a post with pics!! The girls loved seeing there aunt Boo! Cassidy loved the pizza shot so much I had to take her to Sbarro's for lunch and Meli wont stop saying ucky toes! Thanks for the laugh!! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Ryan; holy poop when did Boo start wearing glasses?

    ReplyDelete